Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Not every TV show is trash.

My wife was kind enough to send me a copy of the series "COSMOS" featuring Carl Sagan. I've seen it before, but it is one of my all time favorite shows, so I've been enjoying it immensely. If you haven't seen it, it's well worth watching, and last I checked it was up on Hulu. One thing that always strikes me when I watch the series is how well Dr. Sagan balances scientific knowledge with a deep sense of wonder at the natural world. In a society where we are increasingly drawing battle lines between the camps of faith and reason (more on that in another post), it's very refreshing. Dr. Sagan was, as far as I know, an agnostic. If more people could have the humility to admit that they don't know, perhaps the world would be a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment