Sunday, May 26, 2013

Burn Baby Burn

Fire in My Head


I did not know just what it meant to have the fire in my head,
until one evening cool and calm, I lay alone up my bed.
And in the still sweet blessed dark, my heart let out a quite prayer,
and rising from that empty room, my spirit soared into the air.

And as my mind slipped loose it's bounds, in exhaultation did it blare,
it stretched to fill eternity, spread oh so thin, like glosmer hair.
Within that mystic vision sweet did sound a thundering note full blown,
and light did flare within my mind, and press upon it things unknown.

And in that moment I did know that burning which surpasses words
as truth and peace and blessed bliss came crashing down in golden folds.
The fire like a living thing did dance upon the heart and soul
An all consuming harmless flame of ancient means and timeless goal.

So trembling I lay alone, with smoldering ashes in my thoughts,
To ponder thoughts beyond the mind, which render written words as dross.
Sweet burning light, sweet wild might, come back anew and dwell in me
and dancing singing in the light, then all my days I'll blessed be.

No comments:

Post a Comment